Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers day...


I had such an enjoyable Mothers Day this year. It was my first official mothers day as a Mommy of TWO girls. To think that a year ago yesterday I was at my friends house having acupuncture done HOPING it would send me into labor...thats a whole other story...anyway back to my mothers day this year. For the past few weeks I have been trying to figure out something special to do for Nancy for mothers day for all she does for us. I finally decided I would offer to have them over for breakfast.

So saturday night I spent two hours grocery shopping (mostly because I forgot my wallet and had to go home and then go back to finish my shopping...grrr) Saturday night Daniel and I picked up before we went to bed. Mothers day morning I got up at 6:30 am to start preparing for our 9:30 breakfast. Yes it really took me 3 hours to make it all. Or so it seemed. Anyway I made oj, made blueberry muffins (not from scratch..shame on me!) I made a french toast casserole, homemade hashbrowns with sauted onion, red and green bell pepper (I shredded red potatoes..YUM), cut up fresh fruit, and did some bacon in the oven...my new favorite way, i hate cooking bacon on the stove top! Breakfast was good and enjoyable.

I took a nap after breakfast. woke up and went to Target with my mom and the kids, got some starbucks. Came home to almost all the dishes done from the breakfast I made. I made dinner and we all ate at the table. After dinner gave the kids a bath then we all hung out.

I am sure the the average person it doesnt sound like a great day...But it was!!! not to mention my kids were SOOOO sweet and adorable. I got more hugs and kisses then I can count!!!

No comments: