Sunday, September 7, 2008

it feels like its been weeks....

....since I last updated. Its been so busy over here.

On Wednesday Sept. 3rd I was invited to partake in a new moms discussion group at Banner Thunderbird. I figured it would be a good experience for myself and a chance to meet other moms nearby. I went and had a complete blast. It lasted two hours. I got to take Chey with me. We discussed things we liked and disliked about the hospital and ways they could improve their parents to be book they give out at your first prenatal appointment. There were 6 new moms there. All of us had babies born in May. I couldn't believe how much fun I had. And the plus side was....we got paid $50 to do it! Can't beat a good time and free money!

My best friend Natalie informed me earlier last week that she would be coming to visit in October. I cant wait. Its been 3 long years since she has been home. She is currently pregnant with her first baby...and we just found out its a girl!! YAY. I cant wait to see her.

Last night I sat listening to Chev talk...and it clicked...holy cow she is talking in full sentences now! when did that happen? Before her sentences were so choppy. Its so fun watching her develop!

I finally just finished a special order for painted letters for a kids room. It seriously took me over a week. I guess that is bound to happen when its 13 letters. and each letter needed at least 3 coats of paint! they turned out nice, very simple but nice! rumor has it the lady is gonna order more. but we will see. I am SLOWLY getting out ETSY account up and running, and I am in the process to create a myspace for our stuff as well.

Lately I have been finding myself sitting back and taking things in more often. I find myself watching Daddy play with his girls. I watch Chev play. I watch the way Chey takes in everything around her. I sat with Daddy and the girls in chev's room the other night and we all just layed in there and played and talked. It makes me see and realize no matter what is thrown our way, we have managed to get through it and stay strong. I have such an amazing famiy. How did I ever get so lucky? I think back to before I started dating my husband and I would have never expected me to be where I am today. I had a hard time seeing the good back then. I was surrounded by negative people who brought me down. I now have a hard time NOT being happy. ok ok ok enough of my babbling. I am gonna go wake up the husband and go grocery shopping!

ps i learned this week that a clean house makes an extra happy wife and mommy!!

No comments: