Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Cake


About a month ago I had this idea for Chevlynn's birthday cake. A small cake with an "apple" on top with a bite taken out of it, with Snow White next to it. I also planned on making cupcakes as my mom bought me this great cupcake tree for Christmas. Well come Saturday morning I already had all the cakes made, I made homemade icing, and started coloring it.



I couldnt have asked for a more perfect cake for Chevlynns princess themed birthday party. I wasnt sure how it would all turn out as I made homemade cream cheese frosting at the last minute and it was a little thinner then buttercream. but it turned out just as I had envisioned!


**note that the sprinkles are mini apples, blue "slippers" aka high heels, crowns and pearls. VERY much princess cupcakes...they even have princess cupcake wrappers!**

No comments: