Friday, January 2, 2009

better late then never...christmas

Well Over a week later I figure I better update about our christmas.

It was GREAT.

Even with Daniel and I NOT getting any sleep, it couldnt have been better. The girls got everything they wanted. We woke up the girls at 7am to open presents. Chev was more excited about getting Wall-E and Kung Fu Panda then she was her "pink kitchen". But now she LOVES her kitchen!

After opening presents at home, we ventured to my moms house for breakfast..which was so good. Cressant rolls filled with cream cheese and breakfast sausage...man I want more thinking about them...We opened gifts with my brother, mel and Stevin and of course my mom and Larry. We had a lot of fun watching the kids. Chev was thrilled about her "teen-ter bell" (aka TinkerBell) Pj's from uncle paul and aunt Melissa. I think we all got a huge kick out of Stevin's toy freakout..i think he was in toy overload! So funny though! The kids chased each other around with their first remote control cars.

We went home and I finished preparing dinner and Daniel and I both worked on cleaning the house for Christmas dinner!

We ended up with 10 adults and 3 kids at our house for dinner. I can honestly say it was one of the BEST holiday dinners weve ever had. Steve and Nancy brought Turkey, My mom and Larry brought a prime rib roast and homemade scalloped potatoes, I made homemade cranberry, apple sausage stuffing (YUM), homemade cranberry sauce, and my pumpkin rolls. The food was amazing. I think everyone there agreed it was one of the best holiday meals weve had! I think I might start drooling if I think about it anymore!

We did our gift opening with Daniels family after dinner. So much fun. The kids got spoiled. I think it took me two days before I saw everything everyone got! :)

we had a truly AMAZING christmas!!! I feel so lucky to have the people I do in my family!

No comments: